We can be remarkably uncomfortable discussing money, but what if we shifted our relationship with the topic by instead recognizing how money can facilitate freedom, power, and creative potential? This is Paco’s mission. As a creative, author, consultant, and coach, Paco is passionate about empowering people, particularly those who identify as women, to step into their power.
On today’s show, Jen and Paco discuss:
- How business instincts can be artistic, creative, and fulfilling
- How to make it as independent contractor
- How to figure out how much you’re “worth” when finding clients
- What it means to schedule financial “time”
- Shifting your mindset towards your business to focus on problem solving
You will love Paco’s ideas and even more, her comforting truth-telling vibe!
Paco de Leon is an author, illustrator, musician. She is the founder of The Hell Yeah Group, a financial firm dedicated to inspiring creatives to engage with their personal and business finances and Hell Yeah, Bookkeeping, a bookkeeping agency for creative businesses. Her career experiences in banking, business consulting, financial planning, and wealth management have informed her financial philosophies.
She is a TED speaker and her work has been published or featured in The New York Times, Bloomberg, Vice, TIME, on other publications, and on NPR. She lives in Los Angeles with her wife.
LINK TO VIDEO: https://youtu.be/3oS5Sh-NFsg